Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Third Relationship

This one started a lot different than the last two because it was not a bisexual triad. Boyfriend and I loved each other but he did not play with hubby. However the two of them were very close and similar to brothers or best friends. He lived with us along with my best friend (not a part of the "relationship" but part of the family. Things were going very well. However the relationship was stressed as hubby and I were forced to move because of his job. Boyfriend claimed to have wanted to stay together and do the long distance relationship thing. He decided suddenly that it was too hard and we broke up. Broke my heart because I would have given almost anything to have had a poly marriage with him and my husband. The only thing that I wish he would have done differently is given me a real reason why we broke up, vs. "Lets be friends until I figure out what to do" then not talking to me ever again. That is the part that hurt the most.

Distance puts a stresser on any relationship but when you are in love with someone outside of marriage and are separated from that person it can actually stress your marriage as well. My husband has been worried about my severe mood swings and what not given I am already on depression medication. A break up of a poly triad is difficult but even more so when only one person has a heart involved in it. I cannot describe how it could affect other relationships. However I know that it is hard for me. I have gotten a lot of advice, and most say you just need to have a good over night with someone to get over them. I don't know if this is the best way to get over someone that you are deeply in love with even post break up. I have a feeling I will ALWAYS love him. No matter what happens in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment