Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Polyamory and Vanilla Family

So I know it has been a while since I have blogged however I feel it is necessary to blog now.
The three of us A, M, and N have been in a PolyFamily for almost 2 years now... WOW... I cannot believe it has been that long.

Anyway, back on point, N's brothers are coming to visit and we are having to "vanilla-ize" our house, as they do not know I am Married to M. Taking down photos and stuff that links myself to M in a Married way. We had to tell his brothers that M and I are brother and sister. At least until he retires from his current job, after that N has decided to "come out" to his family. Especially as they are a lot closer geographically to us than M's family or Mine.

One thing that is most frustrating is that N and I do a lot if not most of the cleaning in the house. So here we are cleaning and getting ready for guests, and when I ask M to help he says "maybe". I had to remind him that OUR families will be coming later in the year and N will be helping out to clean then and that he needs to make time to help clean. Ok enough bitching.

It is really hard as M's and N's families both know about me but the families think that I am only in a relationship with one of them and the other is either my brother or my roommate. I want to come out to my family but I know that it would be looked down upon. I am not really sure what to do...

Anyone else going through same or similar things? comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment